August 10, 2008

Maggie Brendan

.
Maggie Brendan

Maggie Brendan is a member of the American Christian Writers (ACW) and the American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW). She was a recipient of the 2004 ACW Persistence Award. An active student of Colorado’s history, topography, and botany, Maggie has spent years studying both the landscape and the rick folklore of the beginning territory of Colorado.

Maggie has experience in media and print production and has a particular interest and affinity with radio. She also writes reviews for some of her favorite authors, which can be found on her blog, http://southernbellewriter.blogspot.com. Her first book, No Place For a Lady, the first book in the Heart of the West series, will be released in January 2009. Maggie is also quoted in, Word Weavers, The Successful Writer’s Critique Groups, released in June. She currently leads a writer’s critique group that is in fifth year. A screenplay of her first novel has been optioned to Starz Media.

Maggie is married with two grown children and four grandchildren. When she is not writing, she enjoys reading, singing, painting, scrapbooking and being with her family. She lives in Marietta, GA.



.

8 comments:

CherryBlossomMJ said...

Great cover, saw a different version just as pretty on goodreads. Cannot wait to read this one. Thanks for mentioning it.

Tina Dee Books said...

Maggie, such a lovely cover! Can't wait to read it!

Tina Dee

Vickie McDonough said...

Maggie,

I love the title of your book and the cover.

I hope to meet you at ACFW.

April said...

I have read No Place for A Lady,it was great. Waiting for Jewel of Her Heart Blessings AprilR

Jen said...

I read No Place For A Lady and just finished The Jewel of His Heart. I loved them both!!! I read the second book in four days. I am hooked. I am trying to figure who the next book will be about. You are a talented writer and I look forward to your next book.

jackie said...

I read The jewel of His Heart and enjoyed it very much. keep up the great writing.
Jackie

Kameko said...

Maggie,

I just finished reading "A Love of Her Own" and it was wonderful! I now need to go back and read the first two books of the series as I've not done that yet.

I posted a review on my blog (http://beverlysbookshelf.blogspot.com/) and also on Christianbooks.com if you are interested in reading it.

Blessings to you,

Beverly
bgrider2@cox.net

Lisa said...

enjoyed reading A Love of Her Own, and i am enjoying No place for a Lady so far so good cant wait to get to the next book.

keep um coming

love the books