March 03, 2009

CHRISTIAN BOOK EXPO

Christian Book Expo 2009

The inaugural Christian Book Expo is coming to Dallas, Texas on March 19-22. It's a brand new consumer-oriented book event. For the first time ever, it will bring together publishers, retailers, authors and consumers.

It's not really a trade show–though the Dallas Convention Center will be filled with trade booths. It's not really a writers' convention–though several top authors are giving workshops on how to break into the Inspirational industry. It's not really a book festival–though there will be consumers galore and over 160 seminars led by authors who will be signing books.

The goal of the event is to reach anyone making or influencing book buying decisions. "Reaching the consumer is essential to the future of Christian publishing," said ECPA President Mark Kuyper. "Our goal with the Christian Book Expo is to connect the top authors from across the country with core customers."

The ECPA (Evangelical Christian Publishing Assoc.) chose Dallas to launch their event because there are more mega-churches in the Dallas metropolitan area than any other city in the country, along with thousands of Christian book buyers.

Many top name Christian authors will be in attendance, including some of our very own Bustles and Spurs authors. Mary Connealy has multiple book signings. Lena Nelson Dooley will be signing on Sunday (March 22). Vickie McDonough, DiAnn Mills and I will be signing books on Friday, March 20. I'll also be speaking about The Art of Getting Published, where I take you through the entire publication process starting with a typewritten manuscript and ending with a bound book.

That will be from 11:30 – 12:30 on Friday--just before DiAnn's signing.

Other authors attending include Beverly Lewis, Liz Curtis Higgs, Janette Oke, Davis Bunn, Lorraine Snelling, Kim Vogel Sawyer, Lisa Wingate, Terri Blackstock, Don Piper, Ruth Graham, Lee Strobel and many, many more.

It looks to be a top-drawer event and is very reasonably priced ($29/day or $59 for the entire event). You can click on the banner to learn more.

For the first time ever, I'm going to be giving away lapel pins to anyone who comes to my signing or presentation. They are for your conference badge and will identify you as being in Dee's Circle of Friends. That way, we can easily spot each other and say howdy!

I can't wait to see you there and to be able to spot you in a crowd when I see one of my pins!

Can you come?

4 comments:

Vickie McDonough said...

Me! I'll be there on Friday. Have to get me one of those pins.

Lena said...

I'll be there on Friday, too. Save a pin for me.

Deeanne Gist said...

I'll be watching for you ladies!

brendalottakamaggiebrendan said...

Boo hoo! I can't be there, but I want one of your lapel pins. I love your books and the covers are fabaulous!!It's so lovely. How can I get one? I put a post on your blog, too. Have fun ladies.