December 26, 2009

Cowboy Movie—Kinda

by Molly Noble Bull



Photo of an old 1915 photo of a silent movie theater. 

Movies have been a part of my life since childhood, and I have seen a lot of films in my time. We called them “picture shows,” and the local movie theater I visited as a child had very high ceilings. Just walking inside the heavy doors was like walking into a land of excitement and fun. And if the movie had a cowboy in it, well that made it extra special.

Photo of a movie theater in about the 1940’s. 

I saw two movies recently that are in theaters now. The first was Blind Side—fantastic. Five stars and then some.

The second was “Did you hear about the Morgans?

Set in rural Wyoming, Hugh Grant and Sarah Jessica Parker play Mr. and Mrs. Morgan in the flick, and I found the film to be a very cute romantic comedy.

But is it a western?

Sorta.

I give “Did you hear about the Morgans?” a four and a half out of a possible five stars.


Click on the trailer below and decide for yourself.


As mentioned above, I wrote a movie review for Blind Side and posted it on another blog. I also wrote one for the science fiction movie Avatar, and my opinions of these two movies are very different. If you would like to learn how different, please click below. You might have to scroll down to read Avatar and down, down, down to read Blind Side.

6 comments:

Stephen Bly said...

Molly: Janet saw Blind Side too (with a friend) and loved it. We watched the interview with the real family on Mike Huckabee show. I hope to see it when it comes on Netflix. The Morgans movie looks like a fun one too. Always appreciate a recommend on what's worth seeing...and what isn't.

On the trail,
Steve

Molly Noble Bull said...

Dear Stephen and Janet,
Blind Side is fantastic. The main characters in the movie are Christians who prove what we have always known-- that Christians have a sense of humor and have more fun than anybody.
Molly

Brenda said...

i Haven't seen Blind Side Yet, Am looking forward to it.

dancealert at aol dot com

Molly Noble Bull said...

Dear Brenda,
Do see Bind Side. There aren't many movies out there worth seeing. Blind Side is one of them.
At the same time, please read my review of Avatar at a blog called Writers Rest. Though a science fiction buff myself, I have some things to say about Avatar that Christians need to read and others aren't saying.
Love
Molly

Debra E Marvin said...

Molly,
I usually get around to just about every Hugh Grant movie. I guess I'll be waiting for them both to come to DVD.
Thanks for the heads up!
Debra

Molly Noble Bull said...

Thanks for writing, Debra. It was a cute movie.
Love,
Molly