April 12, 2010

New Books This Spring

It's less than three weeks until the official release date for Love Finds You in Golden, New Mexico. Of course, the book is already available for shipping from Christianbooks.com and Amazon.com, as well as being available in Kindle format. And the books will be arriving in the bookstores anytime in the next couple of week.

If you live near the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, or if you're visiting here then, you're invited to the Book Release Party hosted by Mardel Christian Store at the corner of Grapevine Highway (26) and Hurstview, in Hurst, Texas. It starts at 1 pm, and you won't want to miss any of the fun. I'll be reading an excerpt from the book. I'm creating a large basket to give away. And I'll have the people the book is dedicated to at the party. I'll tell the stories of why I chose those people.

Love Finds You in Golden, New Mexico
By Lena Nelson Dooley

ISBN: 978-1935416746
Summerside Press
Historical Romance

All that glitters is not gold.

It’s 1890, and Golden, New Mexico, is a booming mining town where men far outnumber women. So when an old wealthy miner named Philip Smith finds himself in need of a nursemaid, he places an ad for a mail-order bride—despite the protests of his friend Jeremiah. Hoping to escape a perilous situation back East, young Madeleine Mercer answers the ad and arrives in town under a cloud of suspicion. But just as she begins to win over Philip—and Jeremiah himself—the secrets she left behind threaten to follow her to Golden...and tarnish her reputation beyond redemption.

Endorsements and reviews:

"Love Finds You in Golden, New Mexico is a well-researched novel brimming with emotive conflict. Lena Nelson Dooley has crafted a historical romance that demonstrates that courage comes in many forms, but the courage to love is the most difficult of all." -- DiAnn Mills, author of Sworn to Protect and A Woman Called Sage

"Two strangers are presented with a 'golden' opportunity for love in this quintessential East meets West tale by well-loved author Lena Nelson Dooley. I found myself swept away by the beautiful writing and enmeshed in the lives of the players, who face many twists and turns in their journey toward the ultimate happily-ever-after. Love Finds You in Golden, New Mexico is truly one of the loveliest historical romances I've read in ages. Highly recommended." -- Janice Hanna Thompson, author of Love Me Tender and Swinging on a Star

“I’ve plunged into the midst of your wonderful book, Love Finds You in Golden, New Mexico. I love the book—compelling plot and intriguing characters. Who couldn’t love that sweet ol’ guy, Philip or the wonderful Sneeds, or want to snuggle little Pearl, so thanks for doing a terrific job in painting your secondary characters! I also loved that you made Maddy an intelligent young woman who is growing up through her quandaries—and understanding so much more about the world. I admired Jeremiah for his love and protection of Philip (though I did want to kick Jeremiah in the keister every once in a while so that he’d notice Maddy.) But it was those little things that kept me reading…and hoping…that the two of them would get together. And that made the romance ever more satisfying! A brilliant job, done well, Lena!” – Ramona Cramer Tucker, former executive editor of Today’s Christian Woman magazine and Virtue magazine, and edited books by many well-known authors including Lisa Beamer, Brock and Bodie Thoene, Sigmund Brower, and Deborah Raney

If you get a copy of the book, I'd love to read your review of the book, too. I'd be blessed if you put one up on Christianbooks.com or Amazon.com.

If your book club chooses this book, I'll call you on the night your discuss it, so they can ask me questions. Contact information for this is on my blog: http://lenanelsondooley.blogspot.com/, click on Contact Me.

If this is the genre you love to read, be sure to check out these other new books:

Becoming Lucy by Martha Rogers
The Substitute Bride by Janet Dean
The Husband Tree by Mary Connealy
Love Finds You in Bridal Veil, Oregon by Miralee Ferrell
A Kiss for Cade by Lori Copeland
Homecoming by Rosey Dow
Scattered Petals  by Amanda Cabot
A Woman Called Sage by DiAnn Mills
Sixteen Brides by Stephanie Grace Whitson
The Anonymous Bride by Vickie McDonough
Morning for Dove by Martha Rogers
Wildflower Hearts by Vickie McDonough
Wildflower Bride by Mary Connealy
Beautiful Bandit by Loree Lough
Anna Finch and the Hired Gun by Kathleen Y'Barbo

 You can check out interviews with these authors on my blog, too. These books should keep you reading almost all summer. Enjoy.



3 comments:

Vickie McDonough said...

Congratulations on your new book, Lena. I can't wait to read it.

I hope you have a wonderful book launch party!!

Vickie McDonough said...

I forgot to mention, I've read almost half of that book list already. I just love these historical Christian romances.

Janet Dean said...

Lena, I love mail-order bride stories and will be sure to get yours! It sounds like a great read!

Thanks for recommending my mail-order bride story, The Substitute Bride. I appreciate the good word!

Blessings, Janet