May 10, 2010

A LOVE OF HER OWN



Everyone talks about love. They want to be in love, have been in love, struggles with love or have sworn off love altogether. Most of us know the only true and perfect love is the love we receive from God and we can never hope to match his perfect, unconditional love, because we’re mere mortals. But it’s “shore nuf” worth trying, as Wes Owen might say in A Love of Her Own, the final book of my Heart of the West series.

When Wes meets the lovely, sophisticated, but spoiled and self-centered April McBride, he is smitten, but he knows they are from different worlds. That doesn’t stop him from trying to get her attention. I wrote this book with one thing on my mind—to convey how love, based on grace, plays no favorites. In truth, the more flawed a person is, the greater that person’s need and potential for love. April has a beautiful exterior, but on in the inside has a flawed inner character. Wes Owen carries his own set of flaws. Although April has relied on her father’s money, her beauty and intelligence, she has never tapped into the true source of love and grace. Here’s the back copy of the book. I hope my readers will enjoy the fast-paced, exciting ride on a trail of love with April McBride. Leave a comment on the blog and we’ll draw a name for a free copy this week to be mailed when it becomes available at the end of May.

In A Love of Her Own, April has everything her heart desires—except the one thing money can’t buy—true love. She’s not interested in love or finding a man. Still cautious after a broken engagement, April McBride fully intends to guard her heart when she travels to Lewistown, Montana, to attend her brother’s wedding. One look around the small mining town convinces April that doing so won’t be difficult—just a bunch of dusty shops, bad service, and ill-bred cowboys. But a run-in with horse trainer Wes Owen opens up vast possibilities for frustration, embarrassment, friendship, and . . . love?

Can April and Wes see past their differences in order to envision a future together? Or are they destined to live the rest of their lives alone?

Book three in the Heart of the West series, A Love of Her Own is an adventurous, spark-filled ride through love in turn-of-the-century Montana.


Praise for Maggie Brendan:

“Brendan’s gentle style of prairie romance is reminiscent of Janette Oke, capturing the heart of the old West with romance that will make you sigh.”—Julie Lessman, author of the Daughters of Boston series

“Brendan blends colorful characters, lively dialogue, and intriguing historical details.”—Amanda Cabot, author of Paper Roses and Scattered Petals

“Maggie Brendan is adept at weaving a sweet love story.”—Tamera Alexander, author of Beyond This Moment

Happy Trails,
Maggie

 




27 comments:

brendalottakamaggiebrendan said...

I'm aware the last line in the 1st para. isn't making complete sense. Somehow some of the words in the sentence was deleted when Tina bolded text. Hope to get it fixed. Maggie

brendalottakamaggiebrendan said...

Thanks, Tina for fixing the glitch! Hugs!

Tina Dee Books said...

Your book series has such beautiful covers!

Can't wait to enjoy this book!

Misty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Misty Queen said...

I just loved the first 2 books! I am rereading them to be ready for book 3! I am so excited!! I can't wait!

Rhonda Gibson said...

I love this cover and the story sounds wonderful. I'm looking forward to reading it :)

Janalyn Voigt (WaySinger) said...

I'd love to win this book! It sounds like a great story.

Edwina said...

Your book sounds delightful and I would love to read it!

edwina[dot]cowgill[at]yahoo[dot]com

brendalottakamaggiebrendan said...

Good luck to all of you. This story is a fast moving tale!

Virginia C said...

Hi, Maggie! Congratulations on "A Love of Her Own", another of your beautiful love stories with an equally beautiful cover! I adore your strong, unique heroines, and I'd love to win a copy of your new book : ) "Heart of the West" sums it up best!

We are given our precious time on earth to experience life and to love and be loved. Humans are emotional, physical beings and yearn for the affection and companionship of that one special person. Someone to share each day with its laughter and tears, joys and fears. Such is love. A chance worth taking : )

gcwhiskas at aol dot com

brendalottakamaggiebrendan said...

Thanks, Virginia for your kind words. I have to say, Revell has created beautiful covers for my books and I'm so proud of them. They are top notched! I'm glad you like my strong heroines. I'm a Southern belle and the ones I know are strong & intelligent--many of us have had to be. I draw on that strength to write strong and capable heroines.

Virginia C said...

Maggie, you must know that I am "Virginia from Virginia" : ) I come from a long line of awesome, intelligent, bitingly funny Southern women--I had to be strong too!!! That's why they call us "Steel Magnolias" : )

gcwhiskas at aol dot com

Vickie McDonough said...

Congratulations on your new release, Maggie. I've read the first two books in the series and am exicted to read this new one.

fictionfan1[at]cox[.]net

Carla Gade said...

Sounds like a beautiful story, and that cover is great!

carlagade [at] gmail [dot] com

brendalottakamaggiebrendan said...

Thanks, Vickie. I have your Anonyomous Bride and can't wait to start it. I'm working towards a deadline in my news series, then I'll get a chance to breathe and read! Yeah! At least until edits. Hehe.

Oh, yes, Virginia, I consider myself one of those Steel Magnolias, too!

Lauralee Bliss said...

This looks very interesting. Thanks so much!

blissful63(at)gmail(dot)com

Lindsey said...

Oh Maggie I honestly, and truly can't wait to read this your new book, I have read all your others and I couldn't put them down!!
I met Wes in your last book, I have to admit at first I didn't like him, but as your story progressed my heart went out to him and I loved him, I was sooo excited when I saw your were going to write about him, I'm hoping he'll finally learn how to treat a lady:)
I can't wait to hear April and wes's story!
I have a feeling it it going to be a great, and fun filled ride!:)
Lindsey
lindseypa89(at)yahoo(dot)com

A J Hawke said...

A LOVE OF HER OWN sounds like the type of story that I enjoy.

Thanks for the opportunity to receive a copy.

A J Hawke
ajhawkeauthor[at]aol[dot]com

Anonymous said...

I have been wanting to read Maggie's book...please enter me.
Thanks!!!
jackie.smithATdishmailDOTnet

Deborah M said...

I haven't read any of your books Maggie, but would love to start on a new adventure.
Deborah M.
debbiejeanm[at]gmail[dot]com

Brenda said...

The book looks great would love to read it! dancealert at aol dot com

Tina Pinson said...

I'm reading the first two books right now, well not quite right now, but during my off time. And am enjoying them enough I worked through the first one in about four hours.

I guess I better put my name in for the next one in the series.

tpinson.co(at)netzero.net

Buukluvr81 said...

Please include me in this! Have only read the second book in this series and would love to win the third as the second was FANTASTIC! Thanks for the chance!

Molly
Mollydawn1981 AT aol DOT com

I am a follower and subscriber to Bustles and Spurs!

Molly Noble Bull said...

This book sounds great. Way to go.
Love,
Molly
www.mollynoblebull.com

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed reading the comments. The book sounds really good and I have added it to my TBR list
JWIsley(atal)dot)com

brendalottakamaggiebrendan said...

I'm encouraged by everyone's comments and desire to read A Love of Her Own. I hope you won't be disappointed. This was a fun book to write.

Patti said...

Sounds like a great series. I'll look for it when I'm at Lifeway tomorrow. :-)

www.37blessings.blogspot.com