July 07, 2010

Life can get difficult by Terry Burns



In case you haven't heard we brought my mother to the hospital in an ambulance unable to breathe. It turns out that she has congestive heart failure with water in her lungs (not ruling out pneumonia) - and after the blood work was processed discovered she has a staph infection on top of that. She is now in the hospice and they have finally been able to release her from her pain. We know the end is near but she is no longer suffering.

There have literally been hundreds of emails and facebook messages. I can't answer all of them, of course, but your prayers and expressions of concern mean a lot to us.

God gave her a gift. The Sunday before she went down with this she rallied, got out of the hospital, attended her sister's 90th birthday where she had a wonderful time and got to see most of her relatives. Then on Tuesday it was back in the hospital and straight downhill.

Family has been coming in constantly, and needless to say we are here 24/7 so if you are waiting on me for something I apologize and I do try to do what I can in small snatches of time here but I know I am getting behind. My clients are being wonderful about it and my five assistants are helping take up the slack but still I know it is going to continue to be a problem for a while.

Thank you for your patience . . . and we do covet your prayers.


Terry

7 comments:

Jennifer Hudson Taylor said...

I'm praying for all of you! My thoughts are with you.

Robin Lee said...

Terry, thinking of you and your family. I just lost my mom on Saturday. The funeral is tomorrow, so my heart goes out to you. I pray for God's comfort to blanket the hospice room and for your mother to pass into glory without pain.

Robin

Tina Dee Books said...

Terry, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you so much for sharing how we can be in prayer for your mom. Lord bless her soul. You're in our heart, dear friend, Terry.

Lynette Sowell said...

Terry, you and your family are in my prayers. It's hard to watch a loved one go downhill, but I'm glad your family was able to have just one more enjoyable memory...

Kameko said...

Terry, lifting your mother, you & your family up in prayer.

Beverly

Vickie McDonough said...

Terry,

Thank the Lord for a long life lived, so many family and friends who love your mom, and a chance to have a hurrah. I know this is a difficult time for you, and I'll keep you in my prayers.

Vickie

Josanne said...

May the God of Love comfort you and give you joy in knowing that your mother's home is happily safe and secure in the place she hoped for and believed in all her life. Her love and the moments you shared will cling to your heart your whole life through.