August 15, 2011

Introducing Author Lacy Williams

by Lacy Williams

Have you ever wondered how an author comes up with the setting for their story?

Lacy Williams shares how she created the fictional Wild West town where her book MARRYING MISS MARSHAL is set.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfNsqdZv8tw

More about MARRYING MISS MARSHAL:

Filling the shoes of her late husband as town marshal hasn't been easy for Danna Carpenter. She's not only fighting criminals, she's also fighting to earn the respect of the townspeople. So crossing paths with tenderfoot detective Chas O'Grady is the last thing she needs. He's hunting a band of cattle rustlers and isn't used to the rugged Wyoming landscape. Teaming up is their only option, but when circumstances place them in a compromising situation, the town forces a more permanent partnership—marriage. If they can let down their guards with each other they might find that love is the greatest catch of all.

Publisher’s Weekly calls MARRYING MISS MARSHAL, "warmly romantic with a hint of adventure and an unconventional heroine" (June 2011)

RT Book Reviews gives it 4 Stars and says, "Williams' debut is a great story with a twist, and it will keep readers riveted." (August 2011)

Readers can find links to purchase, and more info at www.marryingmissmarshal.com

About Lacy:

Lacy Williams is a wife and mom from Oklahoma. Her debut novel, MARRYING MISS MARSHAL, won ACFW's Genesis award before being published. She promises readers happy endings guaranteed. Lacy combines her love of dogs with her passion for literacy by volunteering with her therapy dog Mr. Bingley in a local Kids Reading to Dogs program.



Lacy loves to hear from readers at lacyjwilliams@gmail.com. She posts short stories and giveaways at her website www.lacywilliams.net and can be found on social media at www.facebook.com/lacywilliamsbooks and www.twitter.com/lacy_williams

10 comments:

Linda Goodnight said...

Lacy, what a cool way to share your research. I have buffering issues on my computer but I still enjoyed your video. Did you actually travel to the town or do all the research online?

Lacy J. Williams said...

Linda,

I did all my research online and with print books. I have been TRYING and TRYING to talk hubby into taking a vacation to Wyoming though... would love to visit there!

Regina Jennings said...

Awesome video and explanation. I've read your book and loved it! Can't wait for the next one.

Debbie Lynne and Kathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DebbieLynne said...

Sorry about that Lacy. I put that under our FictionAddictionfix account. I need to be more careful on which account I'm on. My post is:

I didn't have buffering problems, but I can't turn the sound up loud enough to hear. Sigh. But the pictures are wonderful!

Debra E. Marvin said...

Great idea to put this into a trailer.
I hope you have amazing success with Marrying Miss Marshal!

Congratulations, Lacy!

Erin Taylor Young said...

Cool way to give us a peek into the research. Nice job! Sounds like you enjoyed every minute of research, too. : )

Lacy J. Williams said...

Thanks for all the comments, gals! I do love research--it's one of my favorite parts of writing!

Pat Iacuzzi said...

The video takes me right into the setting of the story; easy to imagine. And I love the cover--it's exactly how I would imagine a girl from the Old West would dress. Realistic, historical and well-researched.

Sherri Shackelford said...

What a wonderful video! Thank you for sharing your process :)